Friday, November 8, 2013

Let Me Write!

Well this is my first post to Let Me Write!  I have been thinking about starting a new blog.  This one, we'll see how it goes, will be a little different from Just Write Baby! because I am going to write whatever I want and not think about anything else.  How is that different?  The other one is more educational.  This one is still educational but it's all mine and not associated with my work email.  In fact, I am trying to find away to get Just Write Baby! with my private email.  I don't know if that is possible.  So here goes!  I am going to let it flow and what happens.  I am also going to try to put into practice what Crystal Allen has told me!  Write everyday, no matter what so as to hone my craft.  Let me Write then!  Remove the barriers now 'cause I am about to blow this popsickle stand!  Let me Write!

Let Me Write!

Let me write!
Don't 'cha get in my way!
Let me write!
Can't ya hear what I got 
to say?
Get out the way
Cause like you
I got a lot to say
Get things off my chest
remove the chip- like
boulder from my shoulders
Cause ya know?
It's weighing so stinking
heavy
heavy 
heavy

Oh how I wish
I could stand up to ya
Let you know
what's in my mind
heart and soul
Sometimes
it is just waiting to come out
but then
I start to thinkin'
How you dissed my
peeps so bad
Wanted to clock
you upside the head
Wrestled with the idea
in words alone
cause I am so daggone
tired of your spite
time to take flight

Feel so cramped up 
waitin' for just
the right time
to move you
with my words 
that yearn to fly
outta my mouth
into the sky
free at last

Yearn to be 
free
Just like me
Bite my lip
til I need some
stupid stitch
cause you got me
all in a tizzy
about how you know 
so much bout
everything
like you are God
or something

Got some news for ya
Not quite
Not even close
why O why
do you think
you gotta go
putting everyone 
down 
with your
disrespectful words
and phrases
followed by 
laughter
thinkin' everything is
such a stinking 
joke
on me

Your groupies laugh
cause they feel
the vibe
they next in line 
to take your beating
as they bow to your
falsified throne
Not me
Not today
feed up
to the nth
degree

Just tryin'
to keep 
some semblance of
me
don't want to loose it
but I am close
very close
close to 
letting my words
fly
places they've never
seen 
or wanted to go
You got me
so 
furious
how you treat
everyone'
How can 
you
be
allowed
to 
persist
1,000 names on the list
hard working
people
learning
humble
it's all
so jumbled

What cha got 
to say bout that?
Nothing
at all
Wish in some way
I could say
the right way
what I need
to let play
out in my mind
cause I want
to shut up
the noise
hurt and 
tears 
that you 
cause
through 
intimidation
falsification
of being
a decent
human being

But hey
the day
is coming 
soon 
when
I am going 
to let it fly!
In the best way
possible
Bullies
fall
by 
someone willing
to stand
up 
for what is right
no matter
the consequence
Gonna be
me
Sooner or later

Cause I 
can't stand it
anymore
Gotta stand
forth
for those
who cannot
stand for 
themselves!
Soon!
One day
Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment